Monday, November 28, 2011

Week 2, Day 4 - Week 3, Day 1: It's been one hell of a week


I know I haven't posted in 5 whole days, but as you may have guessed from the title, it's been one hell of a week.  Last Thursday, after we cleaned up from Thanksgiving dinner (right as I finished my first/last beer and was about to start blogging) we heard a little cry from Lilah and when we went up to check on her she was in the midst of a nasty seizure.  It was a terribly scary experience which resulted in a full night stay at the hospital, followed by several days of recover for all of us.  So, unfortunately, my blogging fell by the waist side for a few days.... however, luckily my training didn't:

Running -
Week 2, Day 4: Despite it being Thanksgiving Day with us hosting I still managed to get out for my run :)  After an evening and morning of non-stop cooking, I decided to take a breather and go for a leisurely 1.5 mile run in the early afternoon. It was a nice little calm before the storm, but upon approaching my house, I realized 5 of our 8 guests had arrived while I was gone!!!  OOPS!  They were all super cool and actually congratulated me on making time for running which made me feel really great and even more committed :)

Week 2, Day 5: A rest day - THANK THE LORD ABOVE!!!! Due to Lilah's seizure, we ended up being admitted to the hospital in order to stay overnight for observation.  Lawrence went home around midnight to look after Ari and I stayed with Lilah (Much thanks to Kelly and Lenin for leaving their own Thanksgiving dinner early so both Lawrence and I could go to the hospital).  The chair/bed contraption in Lilah's hospital room was not only broken and terribly uncomfortable and I was only able to get about 2 1/2 hours of sleep.  So, I was very thankful for an emotional and physical rest day. 

Week 2, Day 6:  I was still pretty tired and shaken from the events of the previous days, but nonetheless decided to keep with my training schedule and get out for a 3.5 miler.  I promised myself not to overdo it and to stop if needed, but ultimately I felt pretty good throughout the run and managed to do the entire length without pausing.  It felt really wonderful to get out of the house, away from the pressures and anxieties, and just watch my feet fly across the pavement. It really helped clear my head and recharge my batteries. 

Week 2, Day 7: Once again, I skipped my "35 minute walk."  I can't help it... I feel like walking is kind of superfluous.  I barely sit for most of my days, and I really don't see how forcing the kids into the stroller for a 35 minute 'walking adventure' is going to make a dent in my marathon pipe dream.  Next week I'll make more concerted effort .... really...

Week 3, Day 1: Today was another rest day, but once again, I hardly did any real resting.  Lilah is still a little out of sorts and up at 5am, Lawrence was sick and spent most of the day working from the bed, and I was running (figuratively) like crazy all day getting the kids up, Ari fed & to school, cleaning all the bathrooms, fixing up the house from a crazy long weekend, hanging up our new "video baby monitor," taking Lilah to the Ophthalmologist, cooking dinner, and now finally sitting down to write the blog... I'm tired! I'm still a little nervous about tomorrow's run with Lilah, but I'm hoping she'll just be a trooper and enjoy it.... we'll see.....

Food:
Between Thanksgiving food goodness and being an emotional eater, I know I've done some serious damage and haven't even looked at the scale in days.  I guess tomorrow I'll bite the bullet and jump on the scale.  Hopefully, it won't be too disappointing.

And now a quick shot from our T-day.  At one point we realized all the Dads were holding their beautiful little girls and it was adorable, so we managed to get an actual picture of it for posterity (not to mention an Ari running in the background trying to steal a lollipop out of grandma's purse!)

View photo.JPG in slide show

1 comment:

  1. hi nomi! today I ate very light! granola & milk for break, lunch was leftover mexican rice, bean, chicken, and a grapefruit.
    I went to the gym in the afternoon, 15 minutes ellicptical, then almost 45 mintues of weights/abs, jogging on the track, etc.
    I ate a pb & j sammich...but now i am going to a bar, will try to have only 2 drinks there. I LOVE YOU AND YOUR RUNNING DIAPERS!

    ReplyDelete