Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Week 2, Day 3 - We like all KINDS of music

Holy Mama, what a day. I've been running(figuratively) since the second I woke up this morning and I'm exhausted. Family visits, schlepping cross town, picking up stuff from friends, visiting with out of town guests, and 2 pumpkin pies, 3 challahs and the stuffing.   I'm going to attempt to make this short and sweet... we'll see how that goes.

Running:
I didn't get a chance to run until after 4pm this afternoon and worried about how I would feel so late in an already hectic day.  Since Lawrence was home this afternoon, I had the good fortune of being able to run all 3 miles alone in the rain and it felt grrrrreat.  Because I was alone, I was able to bring my MP3 player along for the run for the first time in a long time.... man I LOVE running to music!! Also, I didn't really time myself, but I think it only took me about 30-ish minutes which I'm proud of.  I felt like I ran really strong and hard with the pavement flying under my feet.   I think the music helped me along... here's my playlist (minus a few skips):
1) Nina Simone - Funkier than a mosquito's tweeter (5:19)
2) Moxy Fruvous - Spiderman (2:37)
3) Cake - I will survive  (5:19) - Twice :)
4) White stripes - Black Math (3:04)
5) Dire Straits - Sulton of Swing (4:24)

Food:
The scale was down another 0.6 lbs this morning which made me really happy, but after checking the scale, I barely had a moment to breathe!  I was so busy today, it felt like I aredly ate and when I did I didn't make the best choices.  My healthy choices were a hard boiled egg, tomato soup, a bowl of salsa, 2 apples and a banana, but I my unhealthy choices included 2 mini muffins, tomato soup (I had 4 bowls and made it with 2% milk!), the tostitos which went with the salsa, AAAND a Carl's Jr. Single Steakhouse burger (hold the cheese please!). Not to mention the non-boxed glass of wine sitting next to me while I type.... oh well. 

I'm going to

2 comments:

  1. I have decided, as motivation for both of us to tell you about my efforts with exercise, eating well, an weight loss in your comments! This is me being a little too shy to have my own blog, but excited about yours.
    Today: Just barely threw myself out of the house to run at 4:45 pm I suddenly have some running stamina and ran about 3 miles, almost straight through!
    Food: Since i was in the car for 5+ hours I basically skipped lunch so I am very low on calories today. basically had oatmeal this morning, candy in the car and making homemade pizza in a little while
    scale: I am convinced my mom's scale is just off and have not trusted my weigh-ins all week but hit 156.4 after my run today! so excited for the morning!

    ReplyDelete
  2. WAHOO!!!! I'm makes me really happy to have you to share this journey with me :) 3 miles is no laughing matter and I'm really proud of you. Keep it up!

    ReplyDelete