Saturday, November 19, 2011

Week 1, Day 6 - Tired.



I'm going to start this off by saying I'm tired.... very, very tired.  Last night the husband and I decided to stream some movies in bed.  Movie #1 was "You Kill Me" which was cute.  Movie #2 was "Shelter Island" which was the kind of movie I HATE - suspenseful and violent with an incredibly sad twist at the end :(  So we didn't end up going to bed until after 1am and then I laid there in the dark thinking about the stupid movie, even though I knew perfectly well I had to wake up early to run. So here I am writing and tired......

Running
Much to my happiness, the "Running Mamas" people were NOT axe murderers and our 'group run' was really fun!  There was only the group organizer and her sister who was visiting for Thanksgiving, but 3 was definitely good company.  Both ladies were really fit (which was obvious because they were wearing those running shoes that look like feet), but they were super cool and we ran and chatted with ease.  I know they were definitely slowing down their pace for me (b/c I'm well aware I run like molasses), but they pretended very politely.  When I run on my own, I generally feel like I'm gasping for air and wouldn't be able to shout for help if someone jumped out at me.  However, when I was actually faced with being forced to converse with other people, I was completely able to.  In fact, I guess I was so nervous about running with other people that I started doing that rambling thing I do where I go on and on about G-d knows what topics until I end up feeling stupid for talking so darned tootin much!  There's even a slight chance they now think I'm an axe-murderer..... oh well. 

Food:
Despite my valiant battle against the cheap boxed wine last night, the scale was up 0.5 lbs :(  I was bummed, but I shook it off, made some coffee, ran and ate really well until about 1:30pm, then it all went to hell.  We ended up going to my MILs this afternoon and she made a little feast: Corned beef & cabbage w/potatoes, Chicken & noodles w/peanut sauce, peanut brittle, and an awesome Swedish blueberry cake thing with whipped cream.  I tried really hard not to overeat, but I'm only human and ended up gorging myself :(  I didn't even try to capture my points :(  So...... It's now 7:45 pm and I've had nothing to eat for a few hours.  I think I'm going to put the little man to bed, have a glass of cheap boxed wine, and go to sleep myself.  I'm scared of what the scale will read tomorrow, but hopefully it will all work out. 

I feel myself getting into that too tired to write zone which is what produced the "awesome" statement the other night.  So before I create yet another 'Nomi-ism,'  I think I'm going to sign off for the night. 

1 comment:

  1. Nomi IS awesome!! Love you and what you are up to and love this blog!! xoxo

    ReplyDelete