Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Week 1, Day 2

Running
Today was my first official day of running and it went really well.  Lilah had been pretty fussy in the morning, so I was kind of worried, but it was all for naught, since she sat so happily and quietly in the stroller that I have to admit there were moment I forgot she was there :)  It was only 1.5 miles, but it felt good.  Tomorrow will be a 3 miler which I'm also nervous about since her stroller limit seems to be 2 miles so far. I'll just have to say a little prayer and hope she sits as happy tomorrow as she was today.

Food:
The scale was exactly the same today as it was yesterday, which was kind of dissapointing, but I suppose staying the same is better than going up.  I had given myself 34 points for today and I think I used only 31.  Thank goodness I started the day good, because I pretty much blew all my points on lunch. 
Today, my awesome mother took me for a belated birthday present of a Pedicure followed by Indian buffet lunch :) While it was DELICIOUS, I have no idea how many points it was.  I started off by filling 1/2 my plate with cucumbers and tomatoes, then guesstimated every tablespoon I ate was about 1 point, the two pieces of tandoori chicken were 4 points each, and totally ballparked the chai tea as 2 points.  So in the end, I'm thinking my lunch cost me 20 points!?!?  OY VA VOY!  So, I took it easy for dinner making a salad with 2 tablesppons of FF italian dressing and 2 falafel balls crumbled.  Which brought me up to 28 points, then a bag of popcorn (which I gave most of to Lawrence & Ari) which brought me up to approximately 31 points depending on how accurate my lunch guessing was.

Other:
For anyone who read my over the summer blog, you know I had worked really hard to close my Diastasis Recti.  Basically, my pregnancies broke my stomach muscles which made me look forever pregnant.  I was really happy with my results by the end of the summer, but I've laxed on the exercises and my tummy has gone back to looking prego :(  So, in addition to my Marathoning and Dieting goals, I'm also going to add back in my Diastasis goals.  I'm gonna keep it simple and just do the basic exercises, but 10x per day. 


So my weekly goal is as follows:

Week 1 11/14
Mon
Tue
Wed
Thu
Fri
Sat
Sun
Runs
Rest
1.5 m run
3.0m run
1.5 m run
Rest
3 m run
30 min walk
Points
32
34
36
34
32
36
34
Diastasis
10
10
10
10
10
10
10


1 comment:

  1. Hey Nomi!

    Just wanted to stop in to say, first: GREAT JOB!! And, second: GREAT BLOG!! :-) I really like your posts so far, they're informative and funny! You're doing awesome, keep it up!! (And, on a side note, I think you're totally NUTS for signing up for a marathon! But, GO YOU, that's awesome!! Mad respect!) ;-)

    ReplyDelete