Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Week 2, Day 2 - Yesterday Take 2

Running:
Today was AWESOME!!   For years, people have been telling me that one day I'll start to enjoy running, but I always thought they were complete lunatics. But lo & behold, I do believe I've finally started to love running :) I re-ran my 1.5 miles from yesterday and had a really great time doing it.  The rain was pounding all night long and all I could think about was how miserable Lilah would be in the stroller in the pouring rain. So as soon as we were all officially awake, I threw on my running gear and ran out the door (thereby leaving the kids at home with Husband).  It was practically a monsoon outside and it was raining so hard and my shoes were soaked before I even finished with my warm-up.  Lucky for me I like running in the cold rain :)  I think it speaks to the kid inside me who still loves jumping in puddles, not to mention it made be feel so bonifide to be out running in that kind of weather. 
Since I didn't have to run with Lilah, I really felt like I could ramp up the speed. Every time I started slowing down, I said to myself, "KNOCK IT OFF! I have no kids with me and therefore no excuse to run slowly, so STOP messing around and RUN FASTER!" At one point I saw another runner along the way and I was like, "YEAH!! WE'RE SO AWESOME FOR BEING OUT HERE IN THE RAIN!!" but, she just nodded and looked at me like I was a crazy person.  
It also helped me to run during rush hour b/c my route is on a pretty high traffic area and I always feel like such a loser if some one sees me walking.  I have been guilty on several runs of only actually running when a car was near, then stopping to walk as soon as they passed me :(  Today there wasn't a single break in the onslaught of cars and therefore not even an opportunity to stop.  Sometimes, I thought I could just hear all the people in their cars looking at me and thinking, "Wow.... look at that totally committed runner who is running so fast in this monsoon like downpour!  She must be a really bonifide running person... YOU GO GIRL!" 

Food:
As expected, my weight was down another pound today putting me back to pre-weekend weight.....stupid salt. Grrrrr. I started the day pretty well with eating, but I seem to have this mid-afternoon need to eat.  I keep reading all these studies which say people report losing more weight when they eat a small meal every three hours.  I've had success doing this in the past, but then I always seem to fall right back into the pattern of grazing all afternoon until I finally binge on something fattening b/c I had never actually satiated my hunger. Tomorrow I'll attempt to combat my afternoon snacking with a yogurt or maybe some Tostitos and salsa. So there!

Tomorrow I'll hopefully get to do my 3 miler alone!  Husband will be coming home around noonish to watch the kiddos so I can start cooking for T-day.... but there ain't nothing wrong with throwing a 3 mile run in there :)  I think I'll also spend part of tomorrow working on my Thanksgiving diet game plan.  There will be lots and lots of yummy food and I don't want to deprive myself, but I also don't want to gorge myself. 

No comments:

Post a Comment