Saturday, November 12, 2011

Ixn-ay the Oxedwine-bay

Last night I learned a valuable lesson about drinking cheap boxed wine while dieting and training:

1) Dieting: Immediately after publishing my post last night, I had a glass of wine, which led to two pieces of chicken, which led to 2 more glasses of wine.  Remember last night when I said I was sticking to 35 points per day?  Well, due to the wine and the wine induced chicken, I ended up with 44 points..... conservatively :(  I guess once I have some wine in my system, I lose all ability to resist temptation!!!  Luckily the scale only went  up 0.6 pounds, which will hopefully comes off tonight when I abstain from the cheap boxed wine.  Alas... I suppose I'll be in big trouble if the husband ever brings home good wine :P

2) Training: I woke up this morning with a headache, purple lips and feeling generally mmmehhh. After 4 cups of strong coffee, I decided to go for my pre-training run anyway.  The first mile was painful and I literally felt like I was sweating cheap boxed wine.  Luckily, I was able to rally for mile 2 &3, but I know it wasn't my best.  Since I believe it's unsafe to listed to music if I have the kids with me, it was nice to be able to listen to my own music and zone out a bit :) I know this coming week will be better.

So, it looks like I'll be adding #12 to my "Things I've Learned About Running" page:
Do not drink wine (especially cheap boxed wine) the night before a run.

The culprit - Winco's finest:
I stole the above image off the Internet and have no idea why the person is aerating this crap!

No comments:

Post a Comment