Monday, November 21, 2011

Week 2, Day 1 - Getting Ahead of Myself for a Change

Running:
I woke up this morning in a grouchy mood.  I don't know why exactly..... I didn't feel rested from my night's sleep, I knew the scale would be up from last week, Husband had an early meeting so I'd be on my own to get the kids up & Ari to school.  So when it came time to go running, I just plain didn't feel like it - especially in the cold cold rain.  However, I made a commitment to do this running thing and I just couldn't bail on the first day of the second week - especially on a measly 1.5 miler.  So, I dressed Lilah really warm, threw her in the stroller and went anyway.  Then, about 1/2 way through my run, I realized that today is Monday and therefore a rest day?!?!?  GWWWARR....WTF - I think I'm definitely losing my mind....you know, as opposed to normal when I simply can't remember anything...
At first I was annoyed at myself for making such a dumb mistake and figured I should just stop where I was and walk home the quick way.  Part of me was a little worried about running more than what was on my training schedule and accidently injuring myself.  But, then logic kicked in and I realized running an extra 1.5 measly miles literally won't hurt me.  I also realized how Lilah was sitting so happily in the stroller AND I was feeling really strong and powerful on my run - it would be silly to stop!!!   In the end, I'm really glad I finished my measly 1.5 miles because it really turned my whole day around. After all, "Exercise gives you endorphins. Endorphins make you happy. Happy people just don't shoot their husbands."  RIIGHT?!?!?? (Don't worry husband, I have no plans to shoot you!) So, I'm looking forward to picking up again tomorrow and getting right back on schedule.

Food:
As expected, I was up .6 pounds from last week :(  But I really do think it was all the salt.  I did pretty well today with the food.  I almost blew it by eating an entire bag of popcorn this afternoon, but at least it was the Weight Watchers popcorn so there wasn't too much damage. Of my 32 allotted points for the day, I've used approximately 31.5 :)  Hopefully tomorrow's scale will be nicer to me.

Finally, I want to give a shout out to my niece Miranda who completed the Brooklyn Marathon yesterday in an amazing 4:07!  I'm SOOOOOO proud of you!  Got any tips for your dear old Auntie?

No comments:

Post a Comment