Friday, December 30, 2011

Week 6, Day 4 (A Day Late)

Okay, Okay..... I didn't get a chance to post yesterday :(  I usually post after the kids have gone to bed, but yesterday was Ari's school concert.  It was supposed to be from 6:30-8:30pm, but we didn't get home until after 10pm.  Seriously, once we got there, the program said the show was going to go until 10:30!  Can you imagine a bunch of 2-4 year olds trying to perform until 10:30pm?  While it was cute to see the kids singing and dancing... the only word that comes to mind when describing the organization of the show is the hebrew word "Balagan."  The closest definition of Balagan I can come up with is a chaotic mess of a circus...  So, needless to say, by the time we finally got home and got the kids to bed, I was waaaay too tired to blog.

BUT...... to the run.  As I was about to go upstairs to change into my running clothes my father in law showed up.  At first I thought my run was going to have to be scrapped because I couldn't possibly ask my 80 year old Father In Law to watch the kids while I run out - right?  But then I started thinking about it and realized the kids liked him a a lot and I was only going for a 2 mile run - so really, he would only have to keep Ari & Lilah alive for like 20 minutes!  Since Ari was watching a TV show and Lilah was occupied in the toy closet, I decided to try it out. EEEK!  I'm wild and crazy!

I literally stood outside my front door waiting for Lilah to start screaming for about 5 minutes.  Since she never started screaming, I took off on my run :)  The knowledge that my two young children were being kept alive by my 80 year old FIL (who also has a bad hip and shoulder) actually made me hussle much more.  I really ran as fast as I could w/o wearing myself out too bad.  Although, one of these days I really am going to have to start keeping track of my running times.  I was very happy to hear upon running THROUGH the threshold of my home, that the kdis apparently didn't even know I was gone!

Tomorrow is the 4.5 mile run which I'll be going on with my friend Marie (hi Marie!).  We're considering running the Shamrock run 15K in mid March.  The first 4.5 miles of the 15K is uphill.  From mile 2 to mile 4, there is a 300 foot ascent - YIKES!  So, tomorrow Marie and I will charge the Terwilliger hill :)  Tonight's goal is to stay away from too much boxed wine.

No comments:

Post a Comment