Saturday, December 24, 2011

Week 5, Days 5 & 6 - Double Down

Oops!  I forgot to blog yesterday!  I know you all probably thought I skipped my 2 mile run which I had put off on Thursday, but I'm happy to report that I DID do the run :)

Day 5 - 2 miles
Lawrence was home, so I was lucky enough to run w/o the kiddos!  It was only 37 degrees, but it actually felt warmer than Tuesdays 43 degree run.  Thursday had been such an exhausting day with the EEG and all, that I finally couldn't stay awake any longer and finally fell into bed at 9:30 and slept for 11 hours! (Not to say I slept 11 hours straight - there were plenty of interruptions, but being in bed for 11 hours was amazing!)  At this point I should give a shout out to my husband for putting the kids to bed on Thursday and waking up with them on Friday.   11 hours of rest made a huge difference and I felt like I really pushed hard and fast for my 2 mile run :)

Day 6 - 3 miles
Today I went 3 miles again without the kids!  It was a really lovely 40-something degrees outside with the sun shining.  I had a good run listening to some good music.... Is there a song out there which makes you want to run harder and faster than Outkast's B.O.B.?  I don't think so!  The one problem was that I had gone to Winco around lunch time and found myself unable to resist the fried chicken.  I know.... terrible :(  But trust me... I paid the price by spending 3 miles burping up fried chicken, which wasn't the most pleasant experience.

It's been a crazy week and I'm looking forward to after the holidays when I can finally get back to a somewhat normal schedule.    I'm also looking forward to one week from today when I get to run 4.5 miles!  Wow... I never thought I would ever be looking forward to running longer distances, but I am :)

So, goodnight and a very Merry Christmas to all my good friends out there :)

No comments:

Post a Comment