Wednesday, December 28, 2011

Week 6, Day 3 - Love Me Some Endorphines.

Today was a nice easy 3 miler.  I have to admit I started off in a particularly horrid mood :(  For some reason, Lilah woke up at 5ish,  my gas light went when I was already running late, I had a comedy of errors for a playdate which ended with me being wet & frustrated, and then the Pièce de résistance was an idiot driver parking SO close to my car that I couldn't even open the door, so Lilah and I had to enter through the passenger door and climb over the middle compartment :( I was very thankful to have a pen, paper and sealable plastic sand which bag in which to store my foul language laced note to the other driver. (The note began: "Dear Asshole, Learn to park your boat of a car....") By the time I got home I was in such a bad mood, I was looking forward my run JUST so I could burn off some of the bad morning energy. 

I was also excited because it was my first run with my fancy schmancy new iPhone and i had even purchased one of those snazzy arm band things to put my iPhone in.  My mom came over to watch Lilah so I could run alone in the VERY rainy afternoon.  The weather was akin to a torrential downpour with the temps being near 50.  I dressed in Capri pants, my Warrior Dash T-shirt and my rain coat, but within 10 minutes I was SOOOOO hot I didn't know what to do with myself.  I think I'll need to look into getting a different rain coat for running.  The one I have certainly keeps the rain out, but it also keeps the heat in. 

Between the music on my awesome iPhone and the cool rain rain on my face, the run went by nice and fast (if not very wet).  I did the Popeye route backwards which was mostly nice except for running by Popeye's of course!  It's supposed to be incredibly wet all week which should make running with both the kids interesting tomorrow.  I'm still looking forward to my 4.5 mile run this Saturday and am excited to potentially find a new route.

No comments:

Post a Comment