Saturday, December 10, 2011

Week 3b, Day 5 - Mommy Sick Day

Ughh.  I'm glad I stayed in on Thursday because the full bulk of this cold hit me on Friday.  I think if I had run Thursday it would have hit me much worse, so I'm glad to have had the good sense to stay in. However, last night I was feeling bad enough that I fell alseep on the couch, the Husband made dinner and I went to bed early w/o blogging.  Today is Saturday morning so I'll blog twice today.  I'm already feeling better today than yesterday, but I'm still not so sure running 3 miles today will be the smartest thing to get over this cold. We'll see how I feel this afternoon.... maybe I'll just walk the 3 miles instead.   I was so upset with myself for messing up my training schedule, but now I'm glad for this 're-do' week so I won't have to feel too guilty for skipping my runs.... I suppose this falls into the "everything happens for a reason" category.

It's really tough to be sick as an adult.  I still remember when I was 18 living in Israel and got sick for the first time w/o my Mommy. I longed for some chicken soup, TV and TLC, but got none. For the first time in my life I realized being an 'adult' had a downside!! There was no one to take care of me when I wasn't feeling good :(

Now as a Mommy, it's a whole new level of adulthood. When you're a mom, there are no 'Sick Days' so you can sit in bed, drink tea and get better.  As a sick mommy, not only is there no one to take care of you, but you have to take care of other people!!!!!  WTF!!  Despite feeling like crap, you still have to wake up at the crack of dawn, brush teeth, make meals, ensure naps, take the kids to soccer & dance, clean the house, do the grocery shopping, and give baths & be in charge of bedtimes.  Only after everyone else is taken care of, you can finally crash into your own bed and pray everyone will sleep through the night.... which is generally when they don't.

I think someone out there needs to start a "Mommy Sick Day" business.  Basically you call a service to send over a 'Grandmotherly' woman to take care of your kids, make you some some soup & tea, clean your house and start dinner in the crock pot, so I (or some other hypothetical Mommy) can finally take an uninterrupted nap and feel better. There... I just gave someone out there a million dollar idea and all I ask is to use the service for free when I need it :)

2 comments:

  1. maybe i am crazy, but i kind of thought that's what Daddies were for (at least once they get home from work)

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh and FEEL BETTER QUICK NOMI!!!

    ReplyDelete