Thursday, December 22, 2011

Week 5, Day 4 - Again a Slacker

I didn't do my run today. 

We had Lilah's EEG this morning and it was crazy as expected.  I'm very thankful to my parents for taking Ari overnight, b/c it would have been really difficult to have had him at the appointment too.  Since Lilah's seizures seem to generally be around an hour after she goes to sleep, it suggests that she has them between sleep cycles.  Therefore, when she has her EEGs performed, they like her to start off awake, then fall asleep, then be woken up 20 minutes later so it can record all the brain patterns of a sleep cycle.  So for those of you who have even had an 'almost' two year old, just imagine how your toddler would react when they are woken up at 5am to ensure they are VERY tired by 10am, then to have someone they don't know put about 30 electrodes on their heads with tape, then try to get them to go fall sleep (HA!) and once they are FINALLY in a deep sleep (from exhaustion and screaming) to wake them up 20 minutes into the nap.  As you might imagine, Lilah was not a happy camper. 

After the appointment it took about 10 minutes in the car for her to fall asleep again.  So when I got to my parents' house to pick up Ari, I ended up putting her in the pack & play so she could nap a bit longer.  I had NO idea she would sleep for 3 1/2 hrs!! 

Ultimately, by the time I got home, it was well after 4pm, starting to get dark and I was personally flippin exhausted.   Rest assure, I won't be skipping this run - I promise to do it tomorrow after I've gotten some sleep.  However, for now it's off to bed I go...... after I drink this glass of Chardonnay :)

No comments:

Post a Comment