Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Week 4 (FINALLY!), Day 2

After 6 days of coughing my brains out, I finally got back on the road today for a crisp 1.5 mile run!  YAY!!!! However... I was just about to hit "Publish" on today's blog when I glanced up at my schedule and realized I was SUPPOSED to run 2 miles today!  BOOO!!!!!  Oh well.  This is one of the many reasons I decided on a 30 week training schedule (not to mention a extra week thrown in here and there) - right?

It was a very cold 27 degrees this morning, but I since I had a lot of things to do this afternoon, the choice was either  to run at 9am in the below freezing cold or not at all.... so I chose 9am in the below freezing cold.  I knew my body would warm up a bit from running, but I was concerned about Lilah staying warm in the stroller.  Little Lilah was all dressed up in her fleece PJs, fleece sweatshirt, winter hoodie coat, scarf, and two thick blankets.  She seriously looked like she was wearing a Peptol Bismal colored birqa, with only her eyes and bridge of her nose visable.  The poor kid was under so many layers I'm not sure if she could move, but since she stayed quiet, I'm guessing she was happy :)

The sun was shining and I had Monique's words echoing in my head that once I started running I would feel 20 degrees warmer, so I dress myself lightly for 47 degree weather!  I wore running pants, a long sleeve T-shirt, a light weight rain jacket, stretchy gloves and my usual Ani Difranco "Car Tires & Chicken Wire" baseball hat. At first the cold was absolutely biting and I completely second guessed whether I should have run at all.  Now, Hilary's words were echoing in my head about being so cold I couldn't feel my butt!  However, I was pretty surprised around 1/3 through the run when I ended up taking off the gloves and unzipping my jacket because I was too warm!  Wonders never do cease to amaze me :)

After 5 days of not running, still being slightly sick, and the frigid temperatures, it was certainly not the easy 1.5 mile run I had been hoping for.  There were several times I considered turning towards home or stopping to walk, but I perservered and made it to the end of the run w/o stopping.  It was a hard run, but a good one nonetheless.

Tomorrow is my 3 mile run which should also be interesting considering the cold.... but at least I won't have Lilah with me which should lighten the load. 

Also, hopefully tonight I'll be able to make it through the night withought coughing my head off, Lilah tossing around too much (did I mention since her seizure she's been sleeping with us again?), or staying up too late reading my new book (I started the Hunger Games trilogy,  finished the first book in less than 2 days and I can't put the friggin thing down!!).

Finally, I've decided I'm not going to post EVERY day... just every running day.  So, barring any unforeseen circumstances or simply a need to purge my brain into cyberspace, I will only be posting 5 days a week.  Now that we're in full swing of the training, I've realized the idiocy of posting, "So... um.... it's a rest day! That's all folks!"   I love you all dearly, but this is simply the way it needs to be.  I hope you can all make it through your days without reading my blathering about myself :)

No comments:

Post a Comment