Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Week 9, Day 2 - Running in the Snow

Well.... I suppose that title is a bit misleading.... I ran in what was previously snow... or may have been snow if it had been warmer!

This morning we woke up to the Oregon version of a winter wonderland... meaning there was about an inch of snow on the cars, none in the streets and the temp was around 38 :)  Although it was legitimate snow coming down from the heavens!  We had a great time at 8am putting the kids in warm clothes and running around outside. 

As for the actual run, it was only a 2 miler and my stats were 'ok' at 10:32 min/mi.  It was about 17 seconds slower than my run exactly 1 week ago.... I'm not sure if I can blame it on the rain, baby? Although Lilah did drop her Toy Story Woody doll and I had to go back, but I can't imagine that would have taken more than 10 seconds.  I know, I know... I hear many of you saying, "Nomes, you're being too hard on yourself again!" and I understand that, but for a measly 2 miles, I thought I would see some improvement.  Oh well. 

The run actually started out with my ankles feeling a little funky..... It didn't hurt, but it felt like I was running on rubber for some reason.  Luckily the issue resolved itself about 50 feet into the run.  Overall, it was a decent run and I felt pretty good.  It was VERY wet outside. I used my new jacket and it worked just fine protecting me from the rain, yet not letting me get too hot.

As for my diet... I'm already getting frustrated.  I kept to the diet now for 5 days now and haven't seem much movement on the scale.  On one hand, I'm glad it stopped going up... but I wanted to see a little more come off.  My biggest problem so far seems to be the evening hours.  I eat well all day, then for dinner I want to eat a lot and then have a snack afterwards (you're supposed to have a snack on the diet).  Last night and tonight I did a little better with the portions, but last night after dinner I ate a jello and put whipped cream on it... which would have been ok, but after I finished the jello I filled the container up again with more whipped cream which I ate by itself.  Tonight I did ok again at dinner, but now it's been less than two hours and I'm trying desperately not to oversnack.  I guess we'll just have to wait and see about tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment