Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Week 7, Day 3 - Naomi, Princess Road Warrior Brite!

Today was another 3 miler.  After Saturday's sluggish time and not getting to run yesterday, I was REEEEEALLY looking forward to today's run.  However... Lilah's fever made a reprise in the middle of the night :(  My mom said she could come watch Lilah for a little while, but there was only a small window of time during which I could actually take my run.  It turned out there was only ONE available appointment among all the doctors at the Pediatrician's office, I had a few morning errands I simply HAD to do (sick kid and all) and my mother's had a few appointments around town too..... and I grabbed my window enthusiastically!

Getting out there felt G-R-E-A-T. The weather was in the low 50's and only slightly overcast.  I wore only a T-shirt and capri's, but never felt cold or hot.  I put my music on, walked out the front door and was in my own little world. 

Not to mention it was my 1st time using my new MapMyRun app on my new iPhone (Did I mention that I got a new iPhone??????).

Running makes me feel instantly stronger, healthier, faster, thinner... even my skin feels tighter and glowing-er.   Today I felt like a princess warrior transforming the depressing Oregon surburban winter landscape into rainbows and glitter!!  Unstoppable and awesome..... just like Xena.... or maybe more like Rainbow Brite.

When I finished my run and looked at my final times I was really pleased.  The MapMyRun app is SOOO awesome.  It tracks Start time, End time, Duration, Distance, Pace, Calories burned, a map of the route with mile markers and even elevation!  Apparently, if I log online I can access more stats, but I haven't taken advantage of that function yet. It even gives the option to pause the workout if I get stopped at a traffic light or something (although I usually jaywalk because I'm such a rebel).  

So my stats for today were:
Duration: 29:48
Distance: 3.12
Pace: 9:37 min/mile
Calories Burned: 348

I feel like at this point in my training I should be running below a 10 minute mile when I'm sans kid & stroller. So, 9:37 feels pretty awesome.... however.... I don't intend to stay there.  I don't think I'm capable of running a 7 minute mile like my athletic husband, but I wouldn't mind bringing it down to a 9 minute mile by the time the marathon comes around..... Don't know if it'll actually happen.... just sayin it would be nice :)

Marie said something last Saturday after our run which only really hit me yesterday.  She said long runs are for distance NOT for time....Shorter runs are for improving time.  I think I'm going to take her advice to heart and push harder on my Tues, Wed & Thurs runs. 

No comments:

Post a Comment