Thursday, January 26, 2012

Week 10, Day 4 - 1/3 Way Through Training!

Wow... I'm in week 10!!  When did that happen?!?!?!?.... oh yeah... while I wasn't blogging... oops!

Well, this past week has been C-R-A-CRAZY!  The abridged version is that I got sick, Ari got sick, it rained cats and dogs and I started my new job. 

Now for the backtrack:
I DID, in fact, run my 3 miles last Wednesday. I don't remember anything about it other than knowing I ran it, but that evening my throat started getting a little sore, so I decided not to run on Thursday.  By Saturday morning I was feeling much better and since the sun was shining and it was warmish, I decided to go for another 3 miler. It was good right until I hit mile 3 and the heavens opened up with rain.  I felt like I was running under a waterfall the rain was coming down so hard and plentifully.  I guess I should have been happy I didn't get pneumonia, but instead I was upset that my cold came back full force and totally zonked me all day Sunday :(

Monday I started my new job!!  They have a gym which I thought would be good over the next few months!  Tuesday I skipped my run again (bad bad!!) because it was raining hard again and I decided against taking the kids out in the rain.  The shades on the double jogger are much better at protecting the kids frun sun than rain :( 

I was VERY much looking forward to running at the new job (even though I realized I had forgotten deoderant).  However, it turned out the gym was for employees only and I am technically a contract worker :(  So..... once again, no run :(  For a moment, I thought I might have to give up the marathon b/c they're no way I could train properly if I wouldn't be able to run 4 days out of the week - right? However, just as I was going to give up hope, I asked if I could still use the showers if I ran outside.... and they HR rep said YES!  He even sent out an e-mail to some other runners in the company who gave me some routes around the neighborhood :)  They're all MUCH more serious runners than I am, but one nice lady just had knee surgery (so it looks like I may be able to keep up with her) and we're going to go for a run together next week. 

FIIIIIIIIINALLY, I got out today :)  There's a 1.5 mile park loop around a field nearby and it was really nice.  I doubled back, but accidently turned off the MapMyRun on my phone at 2.19 miles, so I don't know exactly how far I ran or my pace per mile. 

I'm looking forward to running 5.5 miles on Saturday, although having missed so many runs inthe last week, I'm also a little nervous :\

1 comment:

  1. Need some company for your run on Saturday? That's about the distance I should put in, but I'll need to do it really early in the morning. ;) Lemme know!

    ReplyDelete