Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Week 8, Day 2

Today's run was a quick 2 miler with Lilah.  I had some tummy problems which made me a little nervous before the run, but luckily they cleared up by the time I got out... which ended up being about an hour after I was initially planning on going.

The weather was a perfect 39 degrees, although it felt warmer! Lilah luckily stayed happy for the whole run and wasn't even interested in her goldfish or juice, but was perfectly content to simply watch the world roll by. 

I never really felt the need to stop, but going up the Baseline ascent I did get a little tired and started doing some interval running.  This method of running has been really helpful!  I think it's really helping my time because the run seemed to fly by!  Today's mile pace was 10:15 min/mi with 1 little Lilah in the stroller.  I think an extra 48 seconds per mile when pushing a stroller with a toddler in it is acceptable.  Hopefully, my times across the board will start decreasing with my increased mileage.

However... one thing that is INcreasing is my weight :(  I've read in many different articles about how running a marathon is not really a good way to lose weight b/c when you exercise, you tend to eat more!  Well..... this has certainly been the case for me :(  The damage isn't terrible yet at just 2-3 lbs, but since I still had 15 lbs from my pregnancy with Lilah, these new pounds are making me even more annoyed.  I had to admit that I really haven't been doing much in the ways of watching my food intake though.  So starting tomorrow, I'll be trying the South Beach diet again.  I think I failed in it last time b/c I tried to use all their recipes rather than just adjusting my current eating habits to coincide with the SBD's rules.... so that's what I'll be trying to do starting tomorrow.  The diet works that I basically shun all carbs for 2 weeks (like a detox period), then start reintroducing some whole grains and fruits. 

So, starting tomorrow, I'll be logging my food and weight fluctuations along with my running stuff.  However.... for tonight, I'm gorging myself :)

No comments:

Post a Comment